The domesticated cat has a common ancestor that dates back to about 10-15 million years ago, which then diverged from the Felidae to Felis family around 6-7 million years ago. However, recently some human companions have discovered a relatively unknown species of cat…the Domesticus Felisaurus , which dates back to the Mesozoic period (the age of Dinosaurs). Here are some recently discovered photos from that time.
Need something to do when your stuck home during quarantine? If you've got some cardboard, a marker, and a cat (and maybe some treats), we've got your next project. And if you don't have any artistic talent to speak of? Consider a dinosaur cat sweater so you can create a Domesticus Felisaurus of your own!
1. Behold The King of Catosaurs: Tabbysaurus Rex.
2. "Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should..."
3. This Ankylosaurus will bite your ankles when you walk by.
4. "RAWR means I love you in dinosaur!" (circa 2000)
5. Littlefoot, meet Littlepaw!
6. "Clever girl ..."
7. Welcome to Purrassic Park.
8. Or is The Land Before Time?
9. Watch out for the Sharptooth (also the claws are pretty nasty, too!)
10. "You could have at least made me a predator, Karen. This is just embarrassing!"
11. Velociraptor means "speedy thief," which is entirely accurate to cats.
12. What do you call a plated dinosaur when it's asleep? A stegosorus. *ba dum tss*
13. This is Catzilla's world. We just live in it.