Genius Hacks to Cat-Proof Your Christmas Tree December 10 2018, 7 Comments
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! And for those of you who celebrate, that means it's time to deck the halls and prepare ... for battle. While you're decorating your tree, keep in mind the traditional holiday throwdown of Cat vs Christmas Tree, the ultimate Fur vs. Fir facedown. Whether your cat is a tree scratcher extraordinaire, a bauble batter or a professional cat lumberjack, these genius hacks will help you cat-proof your Christmas tree!
BUILD A BARRICADE
1. Dissuade tree aggressors with the most-feared VACOOM.
2. Think inside the box.
3. Put your tree under house arrest.
4. Saran Wrap the entire tree to prevent tempting dangly baubles for your cat to attack. Bonus: it stores great for next year.
5. Hang your tree in the Upside Down. Your cat will never be able to reach it! (Watch out for Demogorgons, though.)
6. The cat can't knock ornaments off the bottom of the tree if there's no bottom of the tree.
7. It's the one time you want to get carried away with the pruning.
8. Extreme holiday decorating calls for extreme holiday decorating measures.
9. If minimalism isn't your jam, try abstract.
TRY FLAT-OUT BRIBERY
10. If all else fails, bribe them with a tiny cat-sized tree ...
11. Or make them the Star!