10 Times Cats Brought Their Owners Some Unusual "Gifts" August 05 2020, 0 Comments
Our cats will never fail to surprise us. While cats tend to get a bad rap for being "aloof" and "too independent," cat owners know this stereotype to be largely untrue. Cats are loving, affectionate creatures - they just communicate differently than humans do. One way they show their affection for their humans is, surprisingly, gift-giving!
Cats may bring their humans gifts for many different reasons, but one main theory is that our cats view us humans as really big cats who are really bad hunters. So they bring us their "prey" to make sure we eat enough food!
But sometimes cats get a little confused as to what "food" is ... but their heart is sure in the right place. Here are 10 kitties who brought their owners some rather unusual gifts!
1. Cat returns with sausage stolen from a neighbor's BBQ. Now you just need to train him to get the condiments ...
2. "This is Mr. Slash - a flower-hunting adventure master. He brings me flowers every night. He's not hurting the garden, by the way."
If your cat has a very high prey drive and brings home mice and other small creatures as "presents", a great way to satisfy your cat’s natural instincts is to redirect that strong prey drive with toys. If your cat seems to enjoy stalking birds, wand and feather toys are a great solution.
And if your cat likes more land-locked prey like mice or lizards that move and zip really fast, the remote control Mouse Hunt Toy is a great way to redirect that natural hunting behavior; with its realistic mouse appearance and speedy movements, it gives your cat the ideal hunt: stalk, chase, and catch. And it gets you involved and playing with your cat, too, which helps you bond with your kitty!
3. Milo won't stop bringing home sponges.
4. "My wife and I started feeding a stay cat. He likes to bring us presents, normally it's a dead mouse, or a chicken bone, etc. Today he showed up with this, no idea where he got it.
5. This kitty brought his owner a mouse complete with green garnish!
6. A master huntsman presents his prize!
7. "Some cats bring their humans birds and mice...Oliver brings me teabags."
8. "My cat found an unattended cracker and brought it to me so I could hold it for her while she eats it."
9. "My cat took this mitten out of the drawer, and brought it to me as a gift!"
10. "It took a couple of months of me rejecting her "gifts" (small dead animals) for her to start bringing me leaves."