20 Times Cats Were Adorable, Lovable Jerks
Cats bring us so much: unconditional love, joy, laughter, companionship, cuddles, slow blinks, and head bonks. Cats are absolutely wonderful, completely adorable, totally lovable - but they can also be total jerks. Here are 20 times cats were mischievous little rascals.
1. This cat, who licked the toothbrush.
2. And this cat, who truthfully might have been a little bit justified in his petty revenge.
3. And this cat, who learned to cheat the system in the worst possible way.
4. This diabolical feline, who wants you to sleep with one eye open.
5. This unashamed, unabashed corn muffin thief:
6. And this shelf-reorganizer:
7. This literal sock thief:
8. This kitty, who decided to come home after the lost posters were all printed. (Thank goodness he came home, though!)
9. This diva, who needs to be the center of attention:
10. This selfie-hating kitty:
11. This crafty kitty who clearly doesn't care about the environment:
12. This kitty who interrupted physical therapy:
13. HEEEEEEERE'S KITTY!!!
14. This rebel with claws:
15. This puzzle hater:
16. This kitty, who has tons of cat toys but still steals the kids' toys:
17. This proud hunter with a sweet tooth:
18. This chaos-lover:
19. This adorable miscreant:
20. And last but not least, this tuxedoed tortilla terminator:
OMG these are great. I had a cat that loved confectioner’s sugar. She carried a two pound bag of it into my bedroom (didn’t know I was up reading in bed) and I watched her drop it and attack it…. i’ve never seen anything like it. Needless to say I took the bag from her (squeezed it too tight in the process and it was all over) and rebagged it into a ziplock. I took it, and the other 2 lb bag and stored it where she would NEVER go …… wait for it…. so the confectioners sugar was purchased for frosting christmas cookies.. my mom came over to frost them for me and could not find the confectioners sugar. She called me at work and I told her where it was….. in the clothes dryer…. of course. Whereelse does a person store confectioners sugar from a cat… OMG. She lived to 13 years of age and always (always) was a sugar fiend.
Some of these had me in stitches.
I’ve had cats who, for some weird reason, didn’t get the memo they were obligate carnivores and sampled bread products. My father used to love Maryland beaten biscuits. One time, Stiller ate the tops off of all the biscuits in the package. Dad was furious.
Stiller, for the record, was an orange tabby. His name was a contraction of “Still Here,” as he had been an abandoned kitten that my brother found and brought home.
On another occasion, my mother made cornbread. Mr. Bartlett, the Siamese mix, decided to sample it. How he lived for 20 years is still a mystery.
Mr. Bartlett also used to somehow know what part of the newspaper someone wanted to read. He would thus lie on it, look at that person, and purr, as if to say, “Resistance is futile. You will pet me.”
Leave a comment