In honor of Veterans Day on November 11th, which is a day dedicated to honoring the men and women who have served in the US armed forces, we want to share how cats have helped servicemen (and women) throughout the ages.
Separated from their families, fighting for their country, the men and women who serve in the armed forces are often in need of some friendly company and stress relief. It can be tough to keep morale up. But soldiers can often get support from an unexpected source: cats. Here are 10 kitties who think their soldiers are the purrfect companions.
1. Meet "Miss Hap", named by Marine Sargeant Frank Praytor in 1952, Korea.
The marine named her “Miss Hap” because, he explained, “she was born at the wrong place at the wrong time.”
2. "I am ready for battle! After this cat nap."
3. Some quick chin scratchies before work.
4. A reminder that no life is too small ...
5. Snuggles are the best medicine!
6. Giving soldiers a sense of normalcy every meow and then.
7. Mission: Impawssible was a success!
8. Staying true to their kitty selves and treating the humans as slaves, even on the battlefield.
9. We must always stop for lunch, even if there's no mess hall.
10. They also make sure to give their soldiers a break every meow and then!