6 Things You Didn't Know About Orange Tabby Cats October 04 2016, 39 Comments
If you have ever owned an orange cat, you know they are special. Their mischievous ways and good looks are a recipe for greatness. Here are some fun facts about this breed that we all love so much!
1. The orange tabby cat is not actually its own separate breed. They are simply called that because of their appearance.
2. Many orange tabbies will develop little black freckles on their nose and mouth area. This is common after the first year or two of their lives.
3. They come in 4 beautiful coat types, classic (swirled), mackerel (striped), spotted, and ticked (agouti). See the difference in the photos below!
4. Most owners will say their orange cat is very social. But as we know all cats are unique, that being said some can be shy! But overall orange cats are lovers and extremely playful!
5. There are no tabbies with a solid orange coat. But, there are non-orange tabbies with solid coats.
6. Most orange tabby cats are males. There are 80 males to every 20 females! No wonder they are usually mischievous!
Does your orange cat have particular characteristics ? Tell us about them! We love to learn more.