15 Things You Don't Know About Cats. June 20 2016, 27 Comments
We all love our fluffy friends, they always know how to make us smile. They are actually amazing creatures, here are a few facts you didn't know.
PS these are useful when you come across people who 'don't like cats'.
1. Cats are the most popular pet in the United States: There are 88 million pet cats and 74 million dogs.
2. Kittens sleep a lot because their body releases a growth hormone while they sleep.
3. Grown up cats sleep a lot because they can. Also, because they are natural hunters so they sleep to conserve energy to use while its dark out!
4. Actually, cats sleep so much that by the time they are 9, they have been awake for only 3 years of their lives.
5. You know those adorable little paws you love so much? That is actually where they sweat from!
6. Cats have developed the 'meow' to communicate with humans.
7. So the more you talk to your cat, the more he will talk to you! They are most likely saying, 'feed me hoomin!'.
8. The pattern above their nose is as unique as a human fingerprint.
9. Cats use their whiskers to detect if they can fit through a space.
10. Neutring your cat will add 3 years to it's life (having kittens must be as stressful as human kids).
11. Cats lick themselves to get your scent off.
12. Black cats are bad luck in the United States, but they are good luck in the United Kingdom and Australia.
13. The Egyptian Mau is the oldest breed of cat.
14. Cats are really great company, and they are also really soft.